Elks Club

Historical Significance

The Elks Club is housed in an old stone structure on a lot once owned by the Evans family of Winchester. The Evans family operated a livery business and taxi service at the location on North Kent Street. Later the building housed Ruth Harris' beauty shop and the offices of the Southern Aid Society Insurance Company. In the late 1940's, the Evans family sold the building to the Daniel J. Farrar Lodge, and the Elks have met here ever since.

Physical Description

No Physical Description Available

Geographical and Contact Information

414 North Kent Street (DANIEL J FARRAR LODGE #458 TRS)
Winchester, Virginia
Phone: 540-662-4699