The grounds of Piney Grove at Southall's Plantation include the 1835 Dower Quarter - a well-preserved, two - room frame slave quarter.
"Piney Grove at Southall's Plantation" is a museum of plantation architecture where buildings tell the history of the James River Plantation country. The grounds of this National Register Landmark include Piney Grove (1790), Ashland (1835), Dower Quarter (1835), Ladysmith (1857), and Duck Church (1917), as well as the Harwood Graveyard, gardens, and a nature trail.
Geographical and Contact Information
16920 Southall Plantation Lane